Multilingual Illinois 2020: The 44th Annual Statewide Conference for Teachers Serving Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Students
A Virtual Event Coming in 2021 – More Information Forthcoming
For more than 40 years, the IRC has presented an extraordinary annual conference for educators who serve the needs of students from diverse language and cultural backgrounds, including English Learners (ELs). This conference usually offers more than 200 sessions on topics in education such as identifying and meeting the needs of every student, the role of culture, the impact of technology, instructional strategies, assessment techniques and ways of involving students and their families in learning. Network and learn along with more than 3000 other educators.
Presenters address a broad range of topics pertinent to elementary and secondary education, including the following:
- Assessment Practices
- Bilingual & Biliteracy Development
- Collaboration & Co-Teaching
- Culture, Climate & Equity
- Curriculum Design & Development
- Family & Community Engagement
- Language & Literacy Development
- Program Design & Improvement
- Scaffolding / Sheltered Instruction
- Social Emotional Learning
- Supporting Multilingual Learners in Specific Content Areas
Keep an eye on this site for more details about submissions for the 2020 Conference.